Change Control is the method in how this is accomplished. There are permanent changes, temporary changes, and deviations. Permanent changes are everlasting and require a one-time change. Temporary changes may be identified as a blanket change that is set for a predetermined length of time. Deviations are changes but for a singular situation. For example, a deviation may occur when an ingredient in a formula temporarily deviated from the original recipe. The formula in question will revert to the original formula after the deviation has been completed. This one-time change is known as a deviation.
The key points within a good Change Management Framework can be identified as follows:
- Communication – Communicate verbally and in writing the change needed. Communication provides the necessary action required to facilitate the change.
- Organize – Organization is a skill not to be taken lightly. Change Management Framework requires an organized approach to collecting information, gathering documents, outlining details, and preparing for the change.
- Documenting – Documenting internal records, filing paperwork, and sharing the required documentation with the parties involved.
- Approval – Change Management requirements involve approval at various levels depending on the complexity of the change. When the change involves sensitive information, it could take a long time to execute the change. Quality always has the final approval to sign off on all change controls in the food industry.
- Quality Management – Quality plays a crucial role in Change Management. Quality is the team that receives the change communications, documents the change, and helps organize and assist in executing the change through team collaboration with cross- functional teams.
- Closure – Closing the change control and signing off that the change has been completed.
Authored by: Candice Harris
PSC Software Solutions
PSC Biotech Services provide fast, budget-friendly, high-level expertise.
Share, Engage, Stay Current
In 2021, more than 4 million people left their jobs in September. Also, 4 million people left their jobs in October of 2021. Shockingly, 4.4 million people left their jobs in November 2021 as well. These statistics led to an organizational psychologist coining the...
Considering the various departments within a company, one department plays a significant role in each: the quality assurance (QA) department. Quality assurance is the maintenance of a desired level of quality in every stage. QA is the last line of defense for a...
What is environmental monitoring? Environmental monitoring describes the systems that allow pharmaceutical manufacturers to monitor and control the viable, non-viable, and environmental contamination in their cleanrooms. The environment of manufacturing and...